Consult the assets in deposits
Most of the documents are in the Library deposits and should be requested from the librarian of each room. To do this you must follow the following steps:
- Locate the publication in the Library catalogue.
- Note down the call number.
- Go to the room where the document is kept.
- Request the publication from the libarary staff (delivery period from 10 to 30 minutes).
Note: If the document is in the Alcalá de Henares depositories, it will be delivered within 24 to 48 hours (it will be available for 15 calendar days).
- You can keep up to 3 volumes reserved, when necessary, for a period of 15 calendar days.
- Reserve documents before you come
You can request assets in advance for a particular day. This service enables users use up to 10 volumes for a maximum period of 15 calendar days..Advance request form.
Take a look
All rooms have free-access holdings, which may be taken directly from the shelves. In general, they are reference works.
The Interlibrary Loan Service enables users with a Biblioteca Nacional de España card to access documents belonging to other Spanish and overseas libraries, whether through copying or borrowing the