Processing of the reader's card
+34 91 580 77 19
+34 91 580 78 05
Valid for five years.
- Consult the holdings published after 1958, those for which consultation or use is restricted for security or conservation reasons
- Consult the holdings published before 1958 if they are available in digital form or microfilm.
- Use of all the services offered by the Bibliographic Information Room.
The Library Documentation cards will expire within six months from the entry into force of the Access Regulations document (04/17/22).
Documentation needed to register for or renew a card:
Valid personal identification document. This can be one of the following:
- National Identity Card
- Driving licence
- Residence permit
For minors aged 16 or 17:
- A letter written and signed by a teacher at their school, with the logo and stamp of the school, indicating the need to consult the Library's holdings
Online application for a card
There are two ways to process or renew the card:
- Remotely, through the BNE website. You can request or renew your card online as well as in person. The Library will respond to your request within 72 hours. The card must be collected at the Library by the cardholder, who must present ID. It cannot be sent by post. Card application form
TEMPORARY UNAVAILABLE. Physically, in the General Information and ID room (Recoletos headquarters, 2nd floor of the central nucleus). Once all the documents have been presented and the procedure completed, the BNE card is delivered to the user.